Saturday, December 31, 2016

Introducing Bored? Then Board! Co-Author Amber:

Facts About Amber:

*I am 28 years old.
*I am married and have 1 step daughter.
*I have 2 cats.
*I work as an Occupational Therapist Assistant.
*I love board games..
*Favorite game as of today: Ticket to Ride Europe
*Game I am looking forward to learning the most:One Night Ultimate Werewolf Daybreak
*My favorite candy is Receses Peanut Butter Cups.
*My favorite color is lime green.
*I wish I made more money to buy a house and/or more games.
*I like to read, but will choose a board game over reading.
*My instagram username: giraffey88
*My board game geek username: giraffey88 

Why did I start gaming?

I have always enjoyed game nights! In high school and college it was a cheap thing to do with friends, but RISK, Taboo, or Killer Uno only happened 1-3 times a month. So I am not sure back then I had a real desire to game. Then 4 years ago I remember going to another couple's house who were good friends of Dane, my then boyfriend and now husband, and they were playing Red Dragon Inn. I honestly remember looking over his shoulder as he played Gog and saying, I don't get this game, and I am not sure I ever care to learn it. Within probably 6 months I was playing it, and to this day I like Kaylin's deck and her pet Wulfric best. :) She isn't great for the gambling aspect, but I like her ignore cards! 
This couple had big and small game nights where Dane and I started playing board games a few times a month, i.e. Sequence, Rook, Snake Oil, Avalon, Red Dragon Inn and Shadows Over Camelot, but all those games were pretty basic. Either you had the cards you needed or not. Then within a year of seeing Red Dragon Inn for the first time we had bought those same friends Munchkin and Forbidden Island. This couple's house is where my love for strategic games has grown and the wife of that couple is the co-author for this blog! I now LOVE board games and want to play every day. I love learning new ones, but some of the ones I learned back 3 years ago like Ticket to Ride and Forbidden Island are still near and dear to my heart. I have learned what I like in games and what I hate! I have a strong desire to win, but I don't always like to think to far ahead because it seems like more thinking then I want to take the time to do. Which is also why sometimes playing cut throat games with our husbands drives me nuts, and why I tend to pick cooperative games so everyone shares the win/lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment