Friday, March 3, 2017

Suspicion Review

*Ages 10+
*2-6 Players
*Deduction
*Forrest-Pruzan Creative

Suspicion is a deduction game kind of like Clue. On your turn you roll the dice and move each of the people you rolled one room in any direction. Then you play a card that has actions on it and you resolve those two actions. The actions are: take a specific gem, take a gem in the room your person is in, a trap door that allows you to move any one pawn any where on the board, or a picture of a person that you can ask any one other person if they can "see" that person (aka are they that person, in a room to the left/right/up/down of that person). Then just mark your sheet if you learned anything. Then it is the next person's turn and you repeat the steps until one pile of gems runs out.


Amber's Thoughts:
Favorite Number To Play With: 3-4

Mechanics I Like And Dislike: I like the very simple choices in the game: 1) roll and move those people 1 room 2) play a card and do the actions on the card 3) mark your sheet with any info you got. I disliked the length of time between my turns in a 5 player game.  

Favorite Art Or Pieces: The art work is simple and clean. I like the sheets for marking off people.


Strategies: PAY ATTENTION TO- what jewel people take. Try and move the people you rolled into rooms that have the same gem you are about to take so you don't give much info about your person or to set your self up to ask someone who they can see.

Final Thoughts: If you like Clue style mystery games, this is a fun deduction game for you! I really liked it, because I liked trying to figure out who was who. I think it is a great game for families and teaching kids deduction and problem solving strategies.

6 out of 10 Stars 

Shannon's Thoughts:
Favorite Number To Play With: I have only played this with 4 players.

Mechanics I Like And Dislike: Being able to move the pieces to help yourself eliminate who is who and also help keep your piece a mystery.

Favorite Art Or Pieces: I don't really have any for this game.

Strategies: Pay attention to what other people do.

Final Thoughts: I really enjoy playing Clue, but this deduction game is too easy for me. It's a nice way to teach beginner deduction, but after playing Clue for many years, this game was too easy and that made it not very fun for me.

5 out of 10 Stars    


It has been a busy couple of weeks! Between work, sickness, and life...how is your week going? Let's know what blog you want to see next week in the comments! And remember you can follow us!

No comments:

Post a Comment