Monday, March 20, 2017

Dragonheart Review

*Ages 13+
*2 Players
*About 30 Minutes
*Family
*Rudiger Dorn

Dragonheart is a two player card management game. Each player takes an identical deck and shuffles it, then draws five cards into their hand. There are 9 spots on the board where your cards could play: huntress, fire dragon, ship, treasure chest, troll, knight, dwarf, petrified dragon, and sorceress. Each spot on the board has a different number of cards that must be played before that spot takes effect. The game is played in three rounds and whoever has to most points at the end of the game wins.


Shannon's Thoughts:
Mechanics I Like And Dislike: Sometimes I dislike the amount of luck involved in the cards you draw. Sometimes you just can't get the right cards in your hand, and that makes it really hard for you to win.


Favorite Art Or Pieces: All the Dragons! I love Dragons, so all the artwork and the dragon piece are wonderful!


Strategies: Holding as many of a set in my hand as I can so I can play them all at once to get a high amount of points and also getting the Great Dragon token as often as I can so I have an extra card in my hand.

Final Thoughts: There is a lot of luck involved with this game, but I still love it. The theme really draws me in, and it's a fun and quick two player game.

8 out of 10 Stars

Amber's Thoughts:
Mechanics I Like And Dislike: I feel like the card drawing can be crappy at times, like when you grab a ship in your first draw, or when you need 1 more of a set to take it all, but can't seem to draw it, but the other player can draw it! :S I do like the 2 player aspect, it is like rock/paper/scissors with more actions :D

Favorite Art Or Pieces: Either the huntress or the treasure chest.

Strategies: Hold on to your ships until you have all 3 to lay down at one time. Try and play down what you can pick up next, aka play a treasure chest and then play a fire dragon or a sorceress.

Final Thoughts: I really like this game. It is a game Shannon and I learned on boardgamearea.com over a year ago. I like that Shannon now owns an actual copy of it, so we get to play it more often and it takes less than 15 minutes.

7 out of 10 Stars  

No comments:

Post a Comment