Thursday, April 6, 2017

One Night Ultimate Review

*Ages 8+
*3-10 Players
*About 10 Minutes
*Party
*Ted Alspach & Akihisa Okui
*One Night Ultimate Narrator App

The One Night Ultimate series currently consists of Werewolf, Werewolf Daybreak, and Vampire. Each player takes a tile to let them know what character they will be for that game. It is placed face down in front of them surrounding three extra tiles in the middle. Everyone then closes their eyes and players take their special actions when it's their turn. (We use the free app that you can download online so no one person has to remember all the roles and when they come into play.) A few examples of special actions are swapping cards, rotating cards, looking at other players cards, etc. When everyone has taken their turn, everyone opens their eyes and you have 5 minutes (or less depending on how much time you want to give yourselves) to figure out who everyone is and which player to kill off. Each character has it's own conditions for winning. Most villagers just need a werewolf of vampire to die, and most werewolfs and vampires just need to survive the end of the game without any of them dying.


Amber's Thoughts:
Favorite Number To Play With: 5-7, I have not played with more than 7, and I felt like with 4 we needed more people.

Favorite Character And Why: Alpha Werewolf, Village Idiot, or  Trouble Maker. I like the Alpha Werewolf because it is cool to get to turn someone else into a werewolf. Village Idiot, because it is fun to tell the group you moved them one way and then at the last like 10 seconds reveal that you moved them the other way or you didn't move them :D It is fun to watch panic over the others faces. I like Trouble Maker, because I like getting to switch 2 other peoples cards, which can be fun to say you switched different people then you really did switch.


Least Favorite Character And Why: Villager; I feel like being a villager sucks because you don't have any special role.

Mechanics I Like And Dislike: I like how different each roll is and how you can be the same character in 2 rounds back to back, but play each round differently.  I will say this can also be my dislike, because if you are the same roll for like 1/3 or 1/2 the game it can SUCK, because it is fun to get to be more rolls.

Favorite Art: Mystic Wolf, Doppelganger, and Insomniac

Strategies: Say you did one thing but really do something else. Or say you tell the truth because it is still fun to try to piece a bunch of things together in the time limit.

Final Thoughts: I really enjoy this game! :D It is fun with every group I have played it with. I have found that I enjoy it the most late at night so everyone is tired and struggling to concentrate so it gets really funny and exciting!   

7 out of 10 Stars

Shannon's Thoughts:
Favorite Number To Play With: This game has been fun no matter what number we play with! It is usually more fun with a larger group, but I also enjoy it with only 4 people.

Favorite Character And Why: Cupid! I love getting to switch two people's clarity marks to be in love.

Least Favorite Character And Why: Any villager tile where you have no special actions.

Mechanics I Like And Dislike: I like that there are so many different rolls that you can add into the game so that everyone has something to do instead of just sitting around waiting for something to happen.

Strategies: Our group likes to play by giving ourselves less time at the end to figure things out. When you have too much time to talk, you can usually figure out exactly who everyone is and the werewolves or vampires have little chance to win.

Final Thoughts: This is another fun party game involving bluffing and deduction. I really was not sure I would like it at first, but it surprised me with how much fun it can be.

7 out of 10 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment