Saturday, April 22, 2017

Telestrations Review

*Ages 12+
*4-8 Players
*About 30 Minutes
*Party

Telestrations is a combination of Pictionary and the old kid's game telephone. Everyone gets a dry erase marker, a notepad, and a card with words on it. One person rolls a die to tell you which word(s) you will be trying to get to go around. You write it on the first page and depending on the number of players, you will either pass it on, or draw the picture. You pass notebooks in a circle and you are either guessing what the person before you drew or drawing what they guessed until everyone's notepad comes back to them. If your word makes it all the way around, you get a point, if not, you award a point to the best guess. You also award points for the best drawing. The person with the most points at the end of three rounds wins.

Shannon's Thoughts:
Favorite Number To Play With: This game plays better with at least 5 or more people. When you play with 4, you always have to award the drawing point to the only other player who drew on your notepad.

Mechanics I Like And Dislike: I like how every other person has to either guess or draw.

Strategies: Honestly, draw simplistically so people get the idea without running out of time or throwing them off with extra detail. 


Final Thoughts: This game is a lot of fun... with the right group of people. It's fun to see how a word can go from one thing to something completely different. Half the fun of this game is people not being able to draw and having things go terrible wrong!

8 out of 10 Stars

Amber's Thoughts:
Favorite Number To Play With: 5+ It works with 4 people, but I feel like the more people, the more enjoyable it is. With 4 I dislike that if it gets around the table correctly, you only give points to who drew...and only one other person drew so they automatically get the point. Also it makes me want to guess wrong so the person doesn't get a point...but I can't make myself be "that person".

Mechanics I Like: The fill-in-the blank ones that let you be creative. I also like seeing everyone's interpretations of pictures.

Mechanics I Dislike: Other then what I said in the number to play with, I also don't like "that person" that draws or writes something so off that it is annoying or inappropriate, and I think really you couldn't come up with anything!!! This does not apply if you are playing with a kid and they literally don't know the picture or word.

Strategies: Draw your best, but use your time wisely. Think about what you see and make your best guess. If you want brownie points write in cute/fun handwriting or draw a doodle beside.

Final Thoughts: It is a solid party game. Not my favorite as you can see in our top 10 party blogs post, but it is on my list. ;)

6 out of 10 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment