Friday, June 30, 2017

Shannon's Halfway Through 2017 Board Game Challenge Update

2017 is already halfway over! Before we get into the challenge updates, I thought I would let you know a few of my favorite and least favorite games of the year so far.

Best New Game I Played In 2017: Zombicide: Black Plague! This is a game that I had been looking at for a while, but I was hesitant to buy it before I played it. I was given that chance during International Table Top Day and I went home and bought the game a few days later.

Best New Kid's Game I Played In 2017: Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters. I saw this game as an Amazon Deal of the Day and I thought it looked fun so I picked it up to play with my kids. They love it and so do I.

Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half Of The Year: First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet. This looks like another great cooperative game.

Least Favorite New Game I Played In 2017: Jim Henson's The Labyrinth Board Game. I'm not a huge fan of the movie and the board game really was not a whole lot of fun to me.

Top Nine Most Played Games So Far This Year:


Challenge #1 Play Through Your Collection Board Game Challenge

A quarter of the way through I was at 171 games. I have added 9 new games to my collection since then, so now I am at 180 games. I have played 106 of them, and still have 24 games left to learn. I feel this is a good number to be at, since that is over halfway through my game collection. At this rate, I still have a chance on finishing this challenge in a year instead of two.

Challenge #2 10x10 Board Game Challenge


I have now played 65 of the 100 games for this challenge. That gets me over halfway done with this challenge, so I feel good that I can get this one done. I have completely finished 3 of my games and have at least started all the other games.

I am still enjoying these board game challenges. I love how they are making me play all the games on my shelf so I know what I want to keep and what I wouldn't mind getting rid of at the end of the year. Also, it is nice that we are finally getting to all the games on the Shelf of Shame so that it is getting smaller instead of larger. I'm hoping that the second half of the year will be as productive and fun as the first half of the year has been.    

No comments:

Post a Comment