Thursday, July 6, 2017

Dixit Review

*Ages 6+
*3-12 Players Depending on which version
*About 30 Minutes
*Party
*Jean-Louis Roubira

Dixit is a party game all about beautiful artwork. You start with a hand of 6 cards. On your turn you say a word or phrase (or a sound or song lyric) to represent one of the cards in your hand. Everyone else looks in their hand and finds a card that goes along with what you said. Those cards are shuffled and laid out along a number track and everyone votes in secret which card they think is yours. You get points if, at least, one person guesses your card right, but be careful because if no one guesses your card right, or if everyone guesses it right, then everyone else gets points but not you. During other players turns, you get points for guessing the active players cards and for playing a card that gets votes during the voting phase. First player to 30 points is the winner.

Amber's Thoughts:
Favorite Number To Play With: 5-8 players, I have played with 3 and I prefer not too because I feel like the game works better with more people.

Mechanics I Like: I like that the story teller is not limited to just words, but can make a sound, sing, or use words.

Mechanics I Dislike: As a 3-4 player game I feel like the game doesn't work as smoothly because when there are only 5 cards out there and 1 is the story tellers, it is an easier game.

Favorite Art Or Pieces: The cards! That is an obvious one, but these are the specific cards.


I also love that some of the cards remind me of other games, movies, and video games:
white bunny- Mario, Zelda, PacMan, green bunny- Monsters Inc. yellow bunny-Forbidden Desert, pink bunny- Harry Potter, blue bunny- The Truman Show, orange bunny- Bed Knobs and Broom Sticks, and grey bunny- Labyrinth


Strategies: Try to find a story for a card that 1-2 people will get but not everyone. Or sometimes if it is a newer group I am playing with give very general clues so then someone will get it but not everyone.

Final Thoughts: It is one of the better group games. Also it is a good game to pull out for beginning board gamers.

7 out of 10 Stars

Shannon's Thoughts:
Favorite Number To Play With: I love playing this with a big group. The more people play, the more clue choices that you can give.

Mechanics I Like And Dislike: I love the concept of this game. Giving out vague clues to try to get people to guess your card is just a lot of fun to me.

Favorite Art Or Pieces: These cards are some of my favorites, along with the bunny meeples!


Strategies: Sometimes you have to play to only one or two people at the table, but I try not to play to only one person very much. And also not to play to the same person the whole game so everyone else will have fun playing with you.

Final Thought: This game is a lot of fun, and it's easy for people to pick up and play.

8 out of 10 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment